OUr Impact on the Environment
Springroll Media is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. We produce and edit videos/documentaries and provide training services to public and private sectors.
For our productions we regularly need to travel in the Netherlands, Europe and occasionally beyond Europe.
We take the environmental impact of our own operations seriously, and have pledged to work towards reducing our own emissions to net zero. As part of our commitment to deliver change, we have developed an Environmental Policy that guides all our productions and trainings. This policy is systematically reviewed annually.
Reducing our Impact
We adhere to the following Policy for all our productions and trainings:
- We set the agenda on environmental management. We ensure that in all our operations environmental issues are addressed.
- We comply with all environmental legislation in all the countries we work in.
- We work on reducing our use of natural resources such as energy, water and electricity.
- We ensure all our post-production is run on 100% renewable energy.
- We reuse and recycle resources, (e.g. packaging, batteries, plastic).
- Whenever possible we hire collaborators and crews, as close to filming locations as possible.
- We provide vegetarian/vegan catering for all our productions and trainings.
- We reduce all our carbon emissions when traveling for our production using public transport or a single car whenever possible.
- We calculate how much money we need to pay to offset our carbon emssions. At the end of the year, we donate this money to Cool Earth, an organisation that works with rainforest communities to halt deforestation
- We communicate our environmental policy to all our collaborators and clients, making it accessible to everyone.
- We keep educating ourselves on sustainable production and post-production.
Springroll Media collaborates with organisations and individuals that are dedicated to promoting sustainable development, impact investment and promote initiatives for a circular economy.